Anne & Gordon Samstag Visual Arts Scholarship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity open to Australian visual artists to complete a year-long placement in an international learning institution.
The University of South Australia, in collaboration with the trustee of the estate of Gordon Samstag, late of Naples, Florida USA, is pleased to announce the availability of Anne & Gordon Samstag International Visual Arts Scholarships for talented students.
The University of South Australia offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including business, education, engineering, health sciences, humanities, information technology, and social sciences.
Eligibility for Anne & Gordon Samstag Visual Arts Scholarship
- All applicants must be either Australian citizens or have permanent resident status in Australia.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be either: a student, currently enrolled in a practice-led visual arts program, having successfully completed at least two years of an undergraduate or post-graduate degree;
OR a graduate of a practice-led visual art undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification at an Australian institution of higher education.
- Please read the guidelines carefully as they have been updated in 2023 Guidelines.
How to Apply
- To apply for this funding program, applicants must complete the Application form
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Visual documentation of the applicant’s work (a combined maximum of TEN examples of an applicant’s work can be submitted).
- Written proposal.
- Applicants may present a maximum of ten still images, which contribute to the combined maximum of ten examples of an applicant’s work.
- Graduation parchments or academic transcripts.
- Birth certificates
- Passports or other evidence of citizenship or permanent residency
Benefits of Anne & Gordon Samstag Visual Arts Scholarship
The scholarship includes:
- Monetary stipend of AU$70,000 for one academic year.
- Single economy-class return airfare to the study destination.
- Personal travel and medical insurance.
- Institutional fees for up to one academic year.