Brighton Sports Scholarships scheme is designed to help student develop their full sporting potential to train and complete at the highest level. These sports scholarships are for students who have reached a national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level.
The University of Brighton is a public university based on four campuses in Brighton and Eastbourne on the south coast of England. Its roots can be traced back to 1858 when the Brighton School of Art was opened in the Royal Pavilion.
Requirements for Brighton Sports Scholarships
- You should have reached a junior or senior national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level (or equivalent) in your sport.
- You should have been accepted on a University of Brighton course or be a current student of the university, or a directly funded course at a partner college.
How to apply
- Find out further details on our Sport Brighton website.
- You can complete the online application form here.
Benefits of Brighton Sports Scholarships
- Free access to the university sport facilities
- Financial support (up to £1000 for the academic year)
- Performance T-shirt
- Access to workshops (nutrition, fitness training, technique analysis and sports psychology)
- Strength and Conditioning support
- Sport Science support
- Physical Performance testing
- Reduced rate access to physiotherapy support
- Reduced rate access to sport massage treatments
- A mentor to help with lifestyle management
- Access to University of Brighton sports coaches (where available)
- Links to external clubs through our extensive partnership network