Calahe scholarship program
The CALAHE Scholarship program (CT Association for Latinos in Higher Education) is looking for current high school seniors and undergraduate students to take in for the 2022/2023 academic year any interested student who is eligible for this scholarship should endeavor to apply as soon as possible.
Overview of the Calahe scholarship program
The calahe scholarship program also known as the calahe competitive scholarship is a full merit based scholarship for undergraduates, high school seniors and GED equivalent students who are seeking to pursue a degree in the higher institutions.
The scholarship was designed for the latinos which are folks from the Latin America and the Caribbea this scholarship is worth $1,000.00.
Also apply: for the university of Bologna scholarship university of Bologna scholarship
Facts about the calahe scholarship program
program – degree
Award Amount: $1,000.00
country – Latin America and the Caribbea
- Sponsor – …
CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CALAHE SCHOLARSHIP 2022
- High School Seniors or GED equivalent
Undergraduate College Students
Eligibility Criteria for the calahe competitive scholarship program
- Students from Connecticut who identify as Latinx are only eligible to participate.
- You must have lived in Connecticut for the past 12 months and be a Connecticut resident.
There must be a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
You have been accepted to or are attending a higher education institution that is accredited.
The applicant must possess a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 for all of the course work they have completed at the time of application.
It is mandatory that the applicants are enrolled full-time in a university and pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
Contributed to the Latinx community by demonstrating a commitment to community service.
The following essay question should be answered: “How will this scholarship affect your ability to pursue your education in the future?” (Maximum 2 page typewritten double space statement).
- The recipients of this scholarship will be required to attend a scholarship reception in order to receive their award, the date and location of which will be determined by the scholarship committee.
- There will be a forfeiture of the award for any student who does not attend, or cannot participate in, the reception. There is a one-year renewable period on the CALAHE scholarship. Previous recipients must reapply for the scholarship every year.
we have more interesting scholarships that might suit you check out below:
- Also read: afsa high school scholarshipAlso read: List of Graduate finance jobs Edinburgh
Also read: regents and chancellors scholarship/
Also read: kappa alpha psi scholarship
Also read: Watson brown foundation scholarship
Also read: Barbizon college tuition scholarship program | How to apply
Here’s are documents you need to submit:
Please click here for a printable version of the application form once you have completed it
For high school seniors or those pursuing a GED, a letter of acceptance from a college/university is required
- One letter of recommendation must be from a teacher and the other from another person. Please make sure that your letter was written within the last six months and that your full name is typed at the top right corner of the page.
- The official transcript of your high school or college education
You will need to copy either of the following documents:
- o The Federal Student Aid Report (SAR) OR
There is a requirement for undocumented/DACA students to submit a Verification of Financial Need. The financial aid office of the college or university you are attending must complete and sign this form in order for it to be valid. As soon as we receive your request, we will email you this form.
Essay: “How do you feel this scholarship is going to impact your ability to pursue your education?” (Maximum 2 page typewritten double space statement).
You will not be able to process your application if any of these items are missing. You will need to submit your application and supporting documents electronically by Friday, June 24, 2022 to the following web mail [email protected]
This program is open to America citizens and undocumented students and the application deadline is June 24, 2022.
If you have any questions related to the scholarship, you can contact the Chair, Dr. Wilson Luna at [email protected].
Please visit the scholarship website at www.calahe.org if you would like more information about this scholarship we hope to keep you updated concerning any changes of the scholarship stay glued and always check on this page for more of the calahe scholarship updates.
some useful contacts & addresses are below;
Christina Irizarry, Ed.D., CALAHE President, Program Director
Connecticut Collegiate Awareness & Preparation (ConnCAP) Program
University of Connecticut
368 Fairfield Way, U-4170
Storrs, CT 06269