CalArts Scholarships for International Students
CalArts Scholarships and grants are institutionally-funded and aimed at increasing equity in CalArts classrooms and ensuring a diversity of voices have access to a CalArts education. Below is a brief description of how we award financial aid.
CalArts Scholarships for Undergraduates
Merit Scholarships are the first component of the CalArts financial aid package.
All admitted students are considered for Merit Scholarships based on the admissions portfolio or audition. These scholarships are limited and very competitive, going only to the top 30% of the incoming class.
Faculty identify merit recipients through a holistic approach, taking into consideration the following criteria:
- The student demonstrates outstanding academic and artistic potential.
- The work is imbued with a strong personal aesthetic and sense of originality.
- The award supports a diversity of voices and a diversity of practices, in alignment with CalArts’ focus on experimentation, diversity, and interdisciplinarity.
- The award ensures balance and representation within each program and throughout the school.
- The student’s prior academic and artistic achievement, and evaluation of each student’s placement within their group of peers.
CalArts Merit Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $10,000 per year. Students who receive Merit Scholarships in their first year of enrollment retain the annual scholarship each year of their degree program.
CalArts Scholarship For Graduate Students
All admitted students are considered for Merit Scholarships based on the admissions portfolio or audition. The size of these scholarships will vary depending on the school and program you have been admitted to. In some programs, your Merit Scholarship may also be supplemented through teaching assistantships, work stipends, or other forms of campus employment.
How to Apply
To apply visit California Institute of the Arts