Columbia University Summer Undergraduate Research Program for International Students
Columbia University is introducing an amazing program that allows you the opportunity to build a career in a biomedical related course. This is the SURP Program at Sloan Kettering an initiative of the Columbia University for international students for the academic year 2023-2024
Columbia University is seeking to attract and engage the best minds in pursuit of greater human understanding, pioneering new discoveries, and service to society, aims to mould all its students personally and professionally for their desired success. Students and graduates of Columbia are world-changers with qualities such as Courage for Innovation, Commitment to Social Justice, and Confidence.
Domestic/American and international undergraduate freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are open to this rare opportunity offered to apply for this scholarship opportunity at Columbia University
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications at Columbia University can be submitted through the online portal. The application for the summer program must be made here.
- Supporting Documents: The students must present official transcripts, admission essays, and two letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet all requirements on the ‘how to apply’ page.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests as well as English language requirements:
- TOEFL IBT – 105
- IELTS – 7.5
- Duolingo – 135
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate level programs taught at Columbia University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must not be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents, U.S. citizens or U.S. Permanent residents.
- The applicants must be applying for the summer term.
- The applicants must have taken some advanced science courses and have research experience.
- The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have completed college-level general biology and/or introductory chemistry, and have research experience to be considered.
The students selected as winners of this scholarship award by Columbia University can expect to receive a stipend worth $6,000 and housing accommodations.