DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
The Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship aims to supports future leaders from developing countries who strive to promote democracy and social justice.
In the context of the Helmut-Schmidt masters scholarship, future leaders in politics, law, business, and administration study for further academic qualifications. With a focus on practice, they prepare for their future professional careers following the principles of good governance.
The scholarship program offers highly qualified graduates the opportunity to gain a master’s degree in subjects that are of particular importance for the social, political and economic development in their countries of origin. Support is available for promising young professionals and managerial staff from developing and emerging countries.
The program, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programs of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin.
Requirements for Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Program is open to graduates from developing countries (bachelor or equivalent);
- With a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy and administration
- Willing to actively contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
- Who have already gained practical experience relevant for the program (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment)
Documents Required for Application
- Checklist form, signed with place and date indication
- DAAD application form ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
- A single letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps (please use the europass template) including exact information about your studies, and on practical experience
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates.
- Copy of your full set of transcript of records
- Written confirmation for any work experience, internship or professional experience.
- Recent language certificates (for English and/or German)
- Current written reference from your current employer or from a university lecturer if you are a student at present, on headed paper, signed, dated and stamped
For more details, visit DAAD Helmut-Schmidt website
Benefits of Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
- Scholarships (of currently € 934 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance cover in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is mandatory