Glencore Coal Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia
The Glencore Coal Assets Mining Engineering Scholarship is an opportunity provided by the University of Newcastle.
Glencore Coal has supported scholarships since 2007 to attract students with good academic records to pursue a career in Engineering. The aim of this scholarship support is to provide scholars greater financial independence while completing their program and to encourage students to pursue an education in this field.
It is the intention of Glencore to build ongoing relationships with scholars including opportunities for paid work experience and professional networking opportunities during their degree program with a view to scholars being considered for a career with Glencore upon graduation.
- Eligible Countries: Australian and New Zealander students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: B Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Hons), Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons), or a Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Hons) programme can be applied for at the University of Newcastle.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled for full-time study.
- The applicants must demonstrate high academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 95 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 for continuing students.
- The applicants must be Australian citizens, and Australian Permanent Residents (includes New Zealand Permanent Residents)..
How to apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for bachelor studies via the university portal. A scholarship application can be made in continuation of the admission application to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A personal statement (approx. 1 A4 page)
- A free text question asking the applicants to outline their interest in associated future opportunities with this donor and/or Industry partner
- Up to 3 documents which demonstrate academic achievement
- Up to 3 documents which show commitment to leadership within their community (Optional)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the bachelor program they want to join at the University of Newcastle.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirement of their desire course.
An annual amount of $10,000 will be paid as two lump sums of $5,000, after the semester 1 and semester 2 census dates. The scholarship is ongoing for 3 years with a total benefit of $30,000 provided ongoing eligibility is maintained.