Hackett Bachelor’s Scholarship
The Hackett Bachelor’s Scholarship is provided by The University of Western Australia to assist and encourage eligible Year 12 WACE school leavers with great potential, to commence and pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University. Eligible candidates will be automatically considered for the scholarship and do not need to submit an application.
UWA students are uniting with our teaching, research and industry communities to take on some of the world’s most complex problems. Together, we can find innovative solutions to these challenges and create a better world for all.
They have the immense privilege of sitting on the sacred soil where Western Australian kaartdijin, or knowledge, began. It has been a place to gather and learn for tens of thousands of years, with stories and lessons shared from generation to generation of the world’s oldest continuous culture.
UWA is also recognized as one of Australia’s Group of Eight top research universities. It is especially famous for its teaching in life and agricultural sciences, psychology, education and earth and marine sciences.
Eligibility for the Hackett Bachelor’s Scholarship
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- be a domestic student;
- have accepted an Early Offer to the University, or applied through the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) for a place at the University, nominating a course at the University as their first preference in the first round of offers;
- in the year of application for a place at the University, be enrolled—
- in Year 12 at a secondary school in Western Australia; and
- in at least four Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) courses, or equivalent, which could reasonably be expected to lead to the calculation of an ATAR to satisfy the University’s entry requirements; and
- be in the top 10 per cent of their school with an ATAR of at least 60; and-
- have completed Year 12 at a targeted outer metropolitan area; or
- have completed Year 12 at a regional or remote school; or
- achieve an ATAR of at least 60; and—
(i) be a UWA Fairway Student having successfully completed the UWA Fairway Program; or
(ii) be an Australian Indigenous Person.
How to Apply for the Hackett Bachelor’s Scholarship
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Photocopy of NSO Birth certificate, certificate of good moral character from High School (for incoming freshmen) and recent two (2) pieces 2×2 colored ID Pictures.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university before taking admission.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English ATAR, Literature ATAR, or English as an Additional Language/Dialect ATAR with a scaled mark of 50 or above.
The university will provide all the following study expenses:
- The scholarship is worth $4,500 and is offered to one student.
- It will assist and encourage eligible Year 12 WACE school leavers with great potential to commence and pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University of Western Australia.
- The scholarship is tenable for six semesters and can be used to pay for residential college accommodation or directly into the awardees’ nominated bank account.
- Regional or remote awardees will have the option to accept a place at one of UWA’s residential colleges, including University Hall.