International Office Undergraduate Scholarships is an award that is exclusively for new International students beginning their first year of full-time undergraduate study in Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2023/24 who meet the conditions of their academic offer.
Eligibility for International Office Undergraduate Scholarships
- The International Office Undergraduate Scholarship is exclusively for new international students.
- Students must hold an offer for a place on a full-time undergraduate program at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2023/24 and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter. Exclusions apply – see point 10 below
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI or GB fees are not eligible for the International Office Undergraduate Scholarship.
- The discount is awarded for the first year of study only and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment. The scholarship cannot be used in lieu of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- Any International Office Undergraduate Scholarship awarded is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the autumn semester of the academic year 2023/24 and cannot be used for 2024/25 entry or any other year.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred. However, you will be automatically assessed if you chose to defer your entry until 2024/25.
- Students must be self-funded.
- Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students should confirm their eligibility with the International Office by emailing [email protected] .
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organization you will not be eligible for an International Office Undergraduate Scholarship. This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
- The following programs are excluded from eligibility for the International Office Undergraduate Scholarship:
> Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology, Theology
> ALL Distance Learning programs, foundation degree programs and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programs.
- Students must request authorization from the International Office before making any changes to their program of study. Where changes are made without authorization being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn, and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programs at Queen’s University Belfast, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enroll in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive only the highest value award with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant, with the exception of the Early Confirmation Award, INTO Progression Scholarship or Brickfields Exceptional Student Scholarship where applicable.
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship. Where eligible students can use their scholarship in conjunction with the Early Confirmation Award or INTO Progression Scholarship.
- The University is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.
How to Apply
- No separate application for this scholarship is required. If you are holding an offer for an eligible programme and meet the criteria as set out in these terms & conditions, you will automatically be awarded an International Office Undergraduate Scholarship upon enrolment.
Benefits of International Office Undergraduate Scholarships
- Scholarship Value: £2500 or £3000