The International Scholarships aims to recognize students’ efforts and excellence in learning and the University of Insubria is currently launching up to twenty (20) years scholarships to talented prospective international students.
The grants will be awarded to international students wishing to enroll in Italian or English-taught bachelor’s or master’s degrees. Beneficiary students must attend courses, take exams, and pass at least 40 ECTS credits by the end of each summer session of exams.
University of Insubria seeks to provide a unique and enriching academic experience for students seeking a high-quality education in a beautiful and historic region of Italy. The faculty members are highly qualified and experienced, and the university has a strong international reputation for its research and academic excellence. In addition, the university provides excellent student services, including modern facilities, well-equipped libraries, and various extracurricular activities.
Eligibility for The International Scholarships
- The scholarship will be awarded in bachelor or masters degree in any subject offered by the university.
- The applicants must be accepted into any degree program at the university.
- Be international students, as defined in item 2.
- Commit to regularly enroll, for the academic year 2023/24, in a Bachelor or Master degree program of the University of Insubria
- For undergraduate students) demonstrate a final qualification grade not less than the 75% of the maximum possible final grade in the country where the qualification has been awarded
- For candidates attending the final year of secondary school) demonstrate he/she belongs to the top 25% of his/her class by an official document issued by his/her school, such as a statement signed and stamped by his/her school, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Be able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for study purpose in Italy (if requested by Italian laws).
- Have sufficient knowledge of the Italian language (B1) if they wish to enroll on a course taught in Italian.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications have to be submitted through the i-STUD online portal uninsubriaol.dirittoallostudio.it after having created a personal account on: https://uninsubria.esse3.cineca.it/AddressBook/ABStartProcessoRegAction.do
- Candidates must provide the following:
- Secondary School Diploma or a Bachelor Degree Diploma or (for Item 4 n. 3 cases) School statement
- The Transcript of the achieved records
- The curriculum vitae, also stating professional experiences
- An indication of the degree course they wish to enroll in
- A motivation letter.
- Even if not mandatory, a Cimea Statement of Comparability (Attestazione di comparabilità, to be required through the Cimea – Diplome will facilitate the assessment
- Admission requirements for all degree programs at the university.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Benefits of The International Scholarships
- The University of Insubria will provide twenty (20) two-year scholarships, each one amounting to € 5.000,00 per year before taxes and any other duties or fees applicable according to Italian laws (approximately amounting to 18% of the gross installment).
- The Scholarship is granted for two (2) academic years and will be paid in four (4) installments amounting € 2.500,00 each. If the student enrolls in a three-year course, he/she may apply for regional grants or other opportunities for financial support in the third year.