International Student Excellence Awards is a scholarship option offered by Óbuda University to talented students who want to enroll in a BSc and MSc programs at the university.
The purpose of the application is for the university to honor the work of students who achieve outstanding results in their studies, academic, sports, and cultural activities, and who take an active role in student community activities, volunteer programs, and the internationalization of the university, and to encourage them to achieve these goals.
The university provides a wide range of academic program, including twelve bachelors, seven masters, and three doctoral degree programs. The program is supplemented with high-level vocational training, distance learning, and professional extension courses.
Eligibility for the International Student Excellence Awards
- Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered in the BSc and MSc program by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Aspirants have to enroll in the degree program at the university.
How to apply
- The application documentation, which includes the application form, its annexes (1-2) and documents authentically certifying outstanding achievements, can be submitted to the International Education Office (Budapest Bécsi út 94-96 fsz. 35.) between 10-20 July 2023, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or sent by post to the same address in a sealed envelope, with the applicant’s name, Neptun code, and training indicated on the envelope.
- Applicants must provide the following the supporting documents:
- Certificate of education
- Certificate or proof of citizenship and/or permanent residence
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous education certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following the language requirements:
- Students must have to submit TOEFL, IELTS and other test results to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- By submitting the application, the awardees agree to actively participate in the university- and scholarship program and its promotion and accept that the university will publish the list of winners of the Óbuda University Student Excellence Award on its website.
Benefits of the International Student Excellence Awards
Obuda University will provide each semester, one student from each faculty receives a one-time supplementary scholarship of HUF 60,000 (in the semester following the results announcement).
For self-financing students:
- Tuition reduction for one semester in the semester after application submission and publication of results:
- First place: a discount of 2000 EUR.
- Second place: a discount of 1000 EUR.
- Third place: 500 EUR off
- The grant can be provided once to MSc students and twice to BSc students during their respective study cycles.