International Undergraduate Scholarship is for new international students who are interested in starting their undergraduate studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2023.
Sheffield is one of the UK’s most popular places for students to go to university. More than 30,000 students from over 150 countries come to the University of Sheffield every year. The city is large enough to offer a great range of restaurants, shopping, theatre, cinemas, bars and culture; yet small enough to find your way around quickly and feel part of the community.
Sheffield is a friendly multicultural city – where students are valued as a part of the city’s vibrant community. There is lots to see and do when you live here. Find out more about living costs in Sheffield to begin planning your adventure.
Eligibility for International Undergraduate Scholarship
- You must commence your studies of an undergraduate degree at the University of Sheffield in September 2023. All undergraduate degree courses are included except for Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- You must choose the University of Sheffield as your firm or insurance choice before 4.00pm (UK time) on 8 June 2023.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no scholarship application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the scholarship will be guaranteed in the first year of study.
- The scholarship is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% (wmg) or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. The scholarship is not applicable to any compulsory or optional years in industry, work placements or year abroad.
- You must enter a degree program at the University of Sheffield in year 1. If you are entering in year 2, you would be eligible for this scholarship, providing you are not receiving a scholarship/award as part of a collaborative program with your home institution.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships. In the event that you are selected for any of the below scholarships the most valuable award will take precedence:
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- GEMS International Merit Scholarship 2023
- NCUK Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- DPS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- International School of Choueifat Merit Scholarship 2023
- NCUK Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the equivalent value of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of a single full-time academic year.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch program are considered as postgraduate taught program and are not eligible for this or any undergraduate scholarships.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to a future year of entry. If you decide to defer entry to another year you forfeit this award.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified? Go to University of Sheffield on www.sheffield.ac.uk to apply
Benefits of International Undergraduate Scholarship
- The scholarship is worth £2,000 per year for courses in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Faculty of Social Sciences and £2,500 per year for courses in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, and Faculty of Science.