The Linda Michaluk Scholarship (LMS) is a scholarship established to honor the contributions to the College of Applied Biology by the founding Chief Executive Officer (Executive Director). The College of Applied Biology is the regulatory body for applied biology professionals working with natural resources in British Columbia.
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a Master or Doctor of Philosophy degree candidate at a Canadian university whose project advances science-informed decisions/decision making in the public interest with respect to natural resources in Canada.
Advancing science-informed decisions/decision-making includes supporting the development of legislation (Acts), regulations or policies that affect the practice(s) of natural resource management in Canada.
Eligibility for Linda Michaluk Scholarship
- Open to all nationalities
- The scholarship will be awarded to candidates pursuing studies in the fields related to aquatic or terrestrial ecosystems or the living organisms, habitats, or processes of those ecosystems in the five biological sciences: Botany, Microbiology, Zoology, Ecology, or Biochemistry.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a full-time Master or Doctor of Philosophy degree program at a Canadian university
- Conducting graduate work in Canada.
- Proof that you are enrolled in a graduate (Masters) or post-graduate (Doctor of Philosophy) program
- Submission of a completed College LMS Form
- Three references from people who:
- are knowledgeable of you and your graduate work; and
- are able to speak to how your graduate work and thesis align with the purpose of the Linda Michaluk Scholarship; and
- One of the reference letters must be from the applicant’s major supervisor
How to Apply
- Interested candidates must complete the College LMS Form, which can be downloaded from the official website.
- Download and provide your completed LMS form and proof of enrollment in a graduate program via email to the College’s Regulatory Officer ([email protected]).
- Have your references provide their reference letter directly to the College via email in pdf format to the College’s Regulatory Officer ([email protected]).
- Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements of their respective Canadian university’s Master or Doctor of Philosophy degree program.
Benefits of Linda Michaluk Scholarship
The Scholarship provides an award amount of $2,500 to support the recipient’s academic pursuits and research in the field of applied biology and natural resource management in Canada.