Liveris Academy Scholarship is available to both domestic and international students who wish to study Computer science and IT, Engineering, Science and mathematics. This scholarship was established in 2019 by Andrew and Paula Liveris and is maintained by the income generated from an endowed fund.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
Eligibility for Liveris Academy Scholarship
You’re eligible if you:
- will complete, or have completed, year 12 in the two year period prior to the year of the award (2022, 2023)
- have completed no more than one semester towards the following programs in the year of award:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- an engineering integrated program
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- a dual program including one of these programs; or
- have not undertaken any tertiary study at Bachelor level or high prior to enrolling in the approved program (special studies not included)
- do not hold another scholarship that the Director considers to be similar.
- Liveris Academy Merit Scholarship Scheme Rules (PDF, 190.7 KB)
How to apply
- Apply using the online application form.
- You’ll need:
- a cover letter
- your resume
- a copy of your semester 2 Year 11 report and your semester 1 Year 12 report (or equivalent) or most recent university transcript if already attending UQ
- You’ll also be asked to prepare a short video that’s no longer than 1 minute, and to respond to a few short answer questions to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria for this scholarship.
- Apply Now
Benefits of Liveris Academy Scholarship
- $10,000 per annum. You may also receive up to $10,000 for travel support for approved Gap Semester, exchange or internship opportunities.