Marshall Scholarship is an offer by the University of East Anglia to finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to fifty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study.
The university’s superior teaching, world-leading research, and safe and friendly study locations provide students with superb knowledge and make their education journey memorable.
The University of East Anglia is a renowned public research institution located in Norwich, England. Boasting picturesque campuses, inclusive communities, and dedicated staff, it stands as a truly exceptional university. Recognized globally, it carries a prestigious reputation for its academic and scientific excellence. The university has achieved an impressive 10th position in the UK for the caliber of its research outputs, as analyzed by Times Higher REF 2014.
Eligibility for Marshall Scholarship
- International students are eligible to apply
- Be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship);
- (By the time they take up their scholarship i.e. September 2024) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States;
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree at the time of application. We do not accept rounded GPA’s.
- Have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2021.
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A Levels taken at school in the UK.
How to Apply
- Before applying for the program, firstly applicants take admission at the university in a postgraduate taught degree program at the university. After that, you can apply through the online application form.
- Applicants must submit the academic transcripts of all previous schools attended.
- For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements.
Benefits of Marshall Scholarship
The successful applicants will receive university fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States, and where applicable, a contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse.