Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
The MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program at the University of Cape town provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation is inviting interested candidates for the 2023/2024 Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program targeted at qualified African students for both undergraduate and masters degree study programs at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance. Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life
Eligibility Criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
To be considered eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be Africans who are willing to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate studies at University of Cape Town.
- Must be academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Must be economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Must be committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Must demonstrate that they are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
Application Procedures for the Mastercard Foundation Undegraduate Scholarship
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.
Application Window: March to July
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.