MBA Excellence Scholarship 2023 by the Leeds University Business School is offered for a MBA degree in the field of business. In a world of complexity and constant change, Leeds University recognizes the opportunities to make a positive difference.
Leeds University Business School is a faculty of the University of Leeds, one of the leading higher education institutions in the UK. In a world of complexity and constant change, whether technological, environmental or economic, they encourage students and businesses to recognize the opportunities to make a positive difference. They believe in the power of business education, research and innovation to change the world for the better.
They are ranked in the top 75 universities in the world (QS rankings 2024) and are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities. They deliver undergraduate, Masters, MBA, PhD, executive and professional education and online study, for over 5,000 students from around 100 countries. They are one of a small number of business schools worldwide to be triple-accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
Eligibility for MBA Excellence Scholarship
- The scholarships will be awarded to particularly deserving applicants to the full-time MBA starting in September 2023. Candidates will be assessed by their responses on their application form and their performance at interview with the MBA Program Director.
- To be considered, candidates must demonstrate:
- outstanding academic achievement
- career progression
- their potential to contribute to the full-time MBA program.
How to apply
- All candidates who are offered a place on the full-time MBA will be automatically considered for this scholarship. You do not need to complete a separate application for the scholarship.
- Applications for The Leeds MBA must be submitted online through the University of Leeds Applicant Portal. We do not assess applications or eligibility for the MBA program via email.
Before you submit your application, please check that you meet our entry requirements.
As part of your application you will need to submit:
- A completed application form
- An up-to-date CV, showing evidence of the required amount of work experience (More than three years of postgraduate work experience is required before you apply. Five years of postgraduate work experience is desirable. All work experience must include at least three years appropriate management responsibility and show significant career progression)
- Original academic qualification transcripts, certificates and certified translations (if your documents are not in English)
- Two references, one academic and one professional. It may be appropriate to select referees from your professional area of work if you have been out of education for more than 5 years or are applying with evidence of work experience. (see below guidance for references)
- If you have a GMAT result, please upload a copy of your official score report as part of your online application
- A copy of your passport showing passport number and expiry date
- Evidence of your English language qualifications, if English is not your first language. You can apply for the MBA before you take an approved English language test
- If you have previously studied in the UK on a student visa then you need to provide official evidence of this including CAS, visas and BRP
Your application will not be considered until all documents are received.
- The deadline for meeting any outstanding conditions of your offer is Friday 11 August 2023, 23:59 UK time
- Successful applicants can expect to be notified of their scholarship within two weeks of the ‘decision by’ deadline for the stage they applied in, as stated on the MBA How to Apply page. Successful applicants must accept their scholarship within two weeks of receiving the scholarship offer.
Benefits of MBA Excellence Scholarship
- These competitive scholarships are awarded at variable amounts up to a value of 50% of the tuition fee, based on the extent to which applicants satisfy the entry criteria.