The Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships is an initiative by the University of Birmingham to award four scholarships to Nigeria domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate program at the University starting September 2023. This is includes degrees in Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences.
These are joint awards with our local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, Brookstone International Foundation School Abuja, Brookstone International Foundation School Port Harcourt, Oxbridge Tutorial College (Lagos and Lekki), SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), UKEAS and Zamani College. Our in-country Officer will also be helping to coordinate the awards.
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham program in 2023/24 academic year.
Eligibility Criteria for Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
Please note that students already registered and studying on a program at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate program starting September 2023. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate program based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the program.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2023 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to one of our local representatives as listed above and below.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above
- Upon enrolment in September 2023, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
How to Apply
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with and registered at one of our local representatives listed above . Selection for the award will be based on academic and extracurricular merit. No interview will be required.
- Decisions will be announced in August and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2023.
- If you do have outstanding questions please contact local representatives in Nigeria Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].
Benefits of The Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Successful applicants of the University of Birmingham Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships will receive £2,500 from the university.