Olga Turner Scholarship is a scholarship instituted under the will of Olga Turner, a former student of the College, this scholarship is intended to provide financial support for part-time postgraduate students of Spanish in the School of Arts.
Please note that preference will be given to female students and the number of studentships available is strictly limited.
Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution, a vibrant center of academic excellence and London’s only specialist provider of evening higher education – which means students can balance studying with work, family and other commitments. Exterior of Birkbeck, University of London in the evening.
Their innovative, research-led teaching by world-class academics at their central London campus, combined with high-quality online learning materials that you can access 24 hours a day, seven days a week, makes studying at Birkbeck a unique and exceptional learning experience.
Their courses are designed to help you balance your work or other commitments outside university with your studies. Classes are in the evenings between 6 and 9pm and our interactive online learning materials can be accessed on campus, at home, work, or on the move.
They offer a range of full- and part-time courses that you can tailor to your interests and career ambitions and our students benefit from:
- prestigious degrees awarded by the University of London
- teaching by experts whose infectious passion and enthusiasm will inspire you
- studying at a historic and thriving central London campus in Bloomsbury – the intellectual and educational heart of the capital
- flexible learning that combines in-person and online teaching with the highest quality online learning resources. Our undergraduates learn at weekly on-campus in-person classes which are supported by online teaching and learning resources and our postgraduate students can choose how they want to study with most being able to choose between attending either on-campus in-person or online classes.
- a unique focus on interactive learning and group work with peers
- a comprehensive virtual learning environment that is simple to use and designed with inclusivity and accessibility in mind
- online academic support services that provides feedback on the grammar, structure, referencing and readability of your work before you submit it
- a range of assessment approaches – many exams can be taken online at home and completed in a set timeframe
- access to our on-campus student facilities including places to work and study, meet, eat and network with members of Birkbeck’s diverse, committed and ambitious learning community
- Birkbeck’s Library and access to other University of London libraries providing a wide range of resources and study spaces including an extensive collection of e-books and online materials
- a sector-leading careers service that provides career coaching and a range of opportunities to learn from experts
- excellent in-person and online student services to help you throughout your studies including study skills support, student advice, mental health and counselling support and a highly-regarded service dedicated to supporting disabled students
- access to a range of financial support packages.
Eligibility for The Olga Turner Scholarship
- be a current student
- be studying part-time on an MPhil or PhD in Spanish Culture/Language
- need financial assistance for a limited, critical period in your studies (normally defined as the writing up period)
- not be in receipt of another donor or legacy bursary
- provide evidence that sufficient financial provision has been made to meet the remaining costs associated with fees and other course costs.
How to apply
- Complete the Olga Turner Scholarship online application form.
- Go to Birkbeck University of London on bbk.onlinesurveys.ac.uk for more information
Value of The Olga Turner Scholarship
- The scholarship is a one-off bursary of £1500.