Scholarship for blind students in India
Just like every other country around the globe has blind citizens to care and carter for so also is India. regarding the rate of poverty seen in India in today’s world, leaves the blind in no position to fight for themselves both physically and mentally otherwise, however with the scholarship for blind students in India the future has been made bright for a lot of blind students that will benefit from this scholarship initiative,
National Scholarship Schemes
The scholarship program started in 2006-07. In the past financial year 2014-15, there were a total of 986 blind students who were given scholarships under this scheme amounting to a total of Rs. 4482900/- in the amount of scholarships. There have so far been 5816 blind students who have been awarded scholarships totaling Rs. 29559900/- since the launching of the scholarship scheme.
Eligibility criteria :-
- It is necessary for the student applicant to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination and should not have a break in the examination process.
- 2. The scholarship will be offered to applicants pursuing a graduate degree, a postgraduate degree, a Bachelor of Education, a Bachelor of Teacher Education, and a Bachelor of Teacher Education for the blind.
- The scholarship amount for a full-time student shall be Rs. 1000/- per month for a full-time student and that amount will be reduced in proportion to how much scholarship is being offered by the State Governments for the students.
- The scholarship application must be recommended by the President or General Secretary of the Branch, Affiliate or Unit in which the applicant is involved. There is a possibility that the Zonal Vice President and Secretary may make a recommendation if there are no Branches/Affiliates/Unit in the zone.
- Scholarships will not be given to those who wish to pursue a Ph.D. degree
Also read: discover the list of tamil schools in uk
Scholarships scheme II-For 2500 Differently abled students
This scholarship is mainly for all disabled students which include blind, deaf, dumb etc. With the help of the Scheme, financially disadvantaged blind students will be able to pursue professional or technical courses from recognized institutes and find employment/self-employment as a result of the courses that they pursue.
Students with disabilities face a number of barriers physically, financially, psychologically, and mentally that prevent them from pursuing studies and living dignified life. As a result, it is quite common for such students to be deprived of harnessing their latent skills and this allows them to forego the opportunity to earn a living and find a place in the society that is dignified and fulfilling for them. The aim of this scheme is to provide scholarships and other forms of assistance to differently-abled students in order to assist them to pursue courses in professional or technical fields as well as courses in skill development for their empowerment.
Benefits of the scholarship
|1.||Brailler / Brailler Typewriter||Rs. 10,000||For blind|
|2.||Laptop or Desktop with Screen reading software||Rs. 40,000||For blind|
|3.||Laptop or Desktop with Screen Magnification software||Rs. 60,000||For low vision|
About the Award
|NHFDC Scholarship 2022||Details|
|Name of the Scholarship||NHFDC Scholarship|
|Education Qualification||Pursue Technical and Professional Courses|
|Name of Origination||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India|
|Deadline||30 June 2022 (Expected)|
|Period of Scholarship Award||10 months|
|Contact E-mail||[email protected]|
For Visually Handicapped students
|Appliance||Estimated cost (up to)||Remarks|
|Brailler / Brailler Typewriter||Rs. 10,000||For blind|
|Laptop or Desktop with Screen reading software||Rs. 40,000||For blind|
|Laptop or Desktop with Screen Magnification software||Rs. 60,000||For low vision|
- Authenticated copies of relevant certificates/mark sheets for the qualifying examination.
- An acknowledgement of income tax/income certificate from a revenue official/gazetted official/public representative, such as the MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials, etc.;
- An attestation of the disability certificate;
- Any receipt for course fees paid during the academic session;
- An approved signatory of the institution must countersign the receipt or invoice of eligible assistive devices;
- An attested copy of your Aadhar card
- If the scholarship is continued in a succeeding year, a copy of the previous year’s mark sheet is required.