Selma lee scholarship Indiana university
For Jewish Sacred Music students, the Selma Lee Scholarship Indiana university is a four-year scholarship that is available beginning Fall 2022 to incoming freshmen (up to $10,000 for their freshman year and up to $15,000 over the next 3 years).
There is a very special scholarship in memory of Robert A. Borns and Sandra S. Borns of the Indiana University Jewish Studies Program is pleased to announce the Selma Lee Mervis Young Scholarship as the inaugural scholarship awarded to incoming freshmen beginning in September 2022. A student interested in pursuing a career in the cantorate and pursuing the Jewish Sacred Music Program at Indiana University both as a Jewish Studies major or a vocal performance major at the Jacobs School of Music may apply for the Selma Lee scholarship to pursue a career in the cantorate.
NB: Students wishing to apply for the scholarship after completing high school and entering IU Bloomington as freshmen are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
overview of Selma Lee Scholarship Indiana universtiy
Eligibility Criteria for the Selma lee scholarship Indiana university
- It is mandatory for applicants to be residents of the state of Indiana, and either be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- The selection of candidates will be based on their outstanding academic achievement as well as their personal achievements.
- A GPA of 3.4 or higher is required for students applying for this program, as well as a record of academic and extracurricular achievements.
Application Procedure for the selma lee scholarship indiana university
- please submit a cover letter with your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, along with a signed statement stating your commitment to pursuing either course of study.
- Transcripts from high school should be submitted as well
- In addition, the applicant is expected to submit a personal statement in which they explain how Jewish Studies will play a role in their undergraduate education and career choices while attending Indiana University.
- There are two documents you will need to submit: a resume describing extracurricular activities, awards, and honors; and two letters of recommendation. The first recommendation should be received from a high school teacher who has a good understanding of the student’s academic strengths and should focus on the student’s academic strength. The second recommendation must come from the student’s own high school teacher.
- SAT/ACT scores will also be taken into account when making a decision. As part of the IU application process, applicants only need to submit these documents once.
Application Deadline Selma Lee Scholarship Indiana university(important dates
It is the first day of the admissions and scholarship application process.
This is the first day on which you must complete and submit your application
Deadline for early action admissions (non-binding).
The deadline for submitting new or updated test scores in order to be considered for additional scholarships
The deadline for the submission of the SSA, including the recommendation letters, is fast approaching.
Notifications of the Indiana University Academic Scholarships begin to be sent out.
The priority deadline for filing your FAFSA is April 15.
The deadline for reserving a space at Indiana University is May 1