Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2023/2024 for international students
There are six institutions in Singapore that offer the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), including the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and the Singapore Management University (SMU). They include Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and Singapore Management University (SMU). and are working together with the agency of science and technology research.
At NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU, you’ll get your Ph.D. in English in your favorite lab. Students will work with distinguished and world-renowned researchers. Students will get a Ph.D. from either NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU after they finish.
With SINGA, you can study for your Ph.D. in Singapore, establish global connections and enhance your research career to new heights by pursuing your Ph.D. education in one of the fastest-growing sector in the Asia Pacific region.
The Singapore Graduate School of Arts & Sciences fosters a vibrant research community with diverse international students. You’ll be working in an environment where there are opportunities for cross-cultural interaction alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in world-class laboratories.
overview of the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2023/2024
Type – Postgraduate
Organization – Agency for Science, Technology, and Research
Country to study – Singapore
School to study –
Course to study – Not specified
State of Origin –
Gender – Men and Women
Application – Deadline December 1, 2022
What is Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
This is a joint initiative between the Agency for Science and the Agency for International Graduate Awards (SINGA). Committed to providing a high quality of education to the students of Singapore by establishing partnerships with the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and Singapore Management University (SMU).
About Agency for Science, Technology and Research
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) initiates mission-oriented research that contributes significantly to scientific discovery and technological innovation in the country. The Research Institutes play an essential role in the development of talents and leaders within our Research Institutes, the broader research community, and the industry at large.
The research we conduct contributes to Singapore’s economic growth and the creation of jobs. In research and development, we serve as a bridge between academia and industry, bridging the gap between research and development in academia and industry. Through these initiatives, we aim to integrate the relevant capabilities of all the research institutes within our organization and work together to achieve greater results.
Aim and Benefits of the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2023/2024
There is a maximum of four years of support provided for a Ph.D. study, including the following:
- The cost of tuition
- A monthly stipend of S$2,200 will be given to the candidate, which will be increased to S$2,700 after the
- The candidate passes the Qualifying Examination (QE)
- Up to S$1,500 is available as a one-time grant for airfare
- A one-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000 is provided as part of the relocation process
Requirements for Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Qualification
- It is open to all graduates from international universities who have an interest in research and have achieved excellent academic results.
- Note: SINGA is in particular intended for foreign students studying for the first time in Singapore.
- It is not possible to apply for this scholarship if you are a Singaporean, a Singapore Permanent Resident, or an international student who studies or has studied in Singapore tertiary institutions.
- An excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Recommendations from academic referees are positive.
There are other criteria that can be considered in addition to those listed above.
It may be necessary for A*STAR to include additional criteria for selection in accordance with the current scholarship policies. From time to time, changes may be made to these policies without prior notice.
Application Deadline for the singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
The final Deadline for submission of applications of this graduate award is December 1, 2022
How to Apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
Are you interested and qualified to take part in this program? The application can be found at SMS-applicant-app.a-star.edu.sg which is managed by the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research
1. Find Ph.D. research projects that interest you
To find out more about the projects that interest you, go to the Research Areas page.
2. Documents needed to complete the application
If you are planning to apply, please prepare the following documents as early as possible.
The SINGA Office does not accept mailed hard copies of any documents. You will be required to submit all necessary documents through the online application process.
a. A valid passport is required
b. Please provide a recent passport-sized picture (in the .jpeg or .png format) of yourself
3. Transcripts and Reports
It is mandatory for ALL transcripts to be translated into English
A mandatory requirement
- Transcripts of your bachelor’s and/or master’s degree studies are required.
- In the case that your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred on you, the university can issue a letter of certification regarding your candidature if the degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred on you.
- It is required that the referees submit two recommendation reports (which should be completed by them and submitted online).
- When applying to a NUS supervisory position or project, applicants are required to submit the scores from their GRE exam as part of their SINGA application.
- Applicants who do not meet the university’s GRE requirement may be required by the university to submit a satisfactory GRE score as part of the university’s admission policy.
- It is optional for applicants to submit their IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results for the purpose of admission. It may be requested later by the university for admission reasons.
Also read: best spanish government scholarship
HEADS UP MUST READ INFORMATION
The following information is important for you to read.
a. As the information you provide during the registration process in the application portal will be used for verification upon logging in to the account, please ensure that the information you provide is accurate at all times.
b. Once you have logged into the application portal, please double check that you are applying for the correct scholarship – the “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)”.
c. All hard copy documents should NOT be sent to SINGA’s office through the mail.
The application deadline is December 1st, so you should submit your application as early as possible. This will allow your referees ample time to submit their online recommendation reports before the deadline, as applications with two written recommendations will only be considered.
If you have entered all the necessary information in the online application form, you must confirm that all the data you have entered is accurate and correct before submitting the application. Once the application has been submitted, it will not be possible to make changes.
For more details, visit A*STAR website.