Engineering the Future Scholarships
Engineering the Future Scholarships is an amazing opportunity made available by the University of Manchester which is available to all international students interested in pursuing a career in Engineering.
The University of Manchester’s School of Engineering is proud to offer scholarship awards to academically excellent international students, commencing their postgraduate taught studies from September 2023.
The University of Manchester’s School of Engineering is the only university in the world to rank in the top ten in every year of the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings. The University of Manchester, in its present form, was created in 2004 by the amalgamation of the Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST).
University of Manchester Engineering the Future Scholarships overview
If you hold an offer from one of the following departments, you will be considered for the scholarships:
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
These awards require no additional application; all offer holders are considered based on academic merit. Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for further assessment in the form of a written statement.
Eligibility for the University of Manchester Engineering the Future Scholarships
To be eligible for an Engineering the Future scholarship you must:
- be a resident of a country within South Asia, South East Asia or Africa;
- hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) for a master’s level (taught) full time course – commencing in September 2023 – within The Faculty of Science and Engineering. (You will also be considered if you held an offer as part of an earlier admissions round; should you win the award, your offer will be reinstated.);
- have completed an English Language qualification to the required standard for the course;
- be fully registered for your chosen course by the registration deadline;
- hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum classification of a good Upper Second class (2:1) (or international equivalent), or be on track to achieve this;
- be self-funding (for example, not sponsored) your course and classified as an international candidate for tuition fee purposes.
Benefits of the University of Manchester Scholarships
Successful awardees will be announced by the end of 31 July 2023 and granted one of the following tuition fee discounts:
- One full tuition fee waiver up to £33,500. This award is for the MSc Management of Projects suite of programs.
- Four £10,000 partial tuition fee waivers.
- Ten £6,000 partial tuition fee waivers.
Engineering the Future Scholarships can also be awarded in conjunction with other scholarships from the University.
For more inquires and questions: [email protected]