The Sussex Bursary 2023
The Sussex Bursary is for Undergraduate students, with a household income of less than £25,000, you will automatically receive the award directly from Student Finance England.
The Sussex Bursary replaced the First-Generation Scholar’s scheme bursary for students starting at Sussex.
University of Sussex is a public research university situated in Falmer, near Brighton in Sussex. The university received its Royal Charter in August 1961, and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities promoting excellence in research and teaching.
Sussex counts three Nobel Prize winners, 14 Fellows of the Royal Society, six Fellows of the British Academy and a winner of the Crafoord Prize among its faculty.
Requirements for The Sussex Bursary 2023
The bursary will be paid automatically to you via Student Finance if you meet all the following criteria:
- Started your undergraduate course on or after September 2023
- Funded as a Home student in 2023/24
- Have an assessed household income of less than £25,000
- Not in receipt of non-means tested grant element to your funding (such as Welsh funded students or Year 2 / 3 Social Worker students)
- Registered as a full-time student in 2023/24
- Studying at Sussex (i.e. not on a placement year or Year Abroad).
In order to receive the bursary your household income must be validated by:
If you are on a Year Abroad or Placement Year you will not be eligible for the award in that year as you pay a reduced tuition fee to the University.
Please Note: If your household income is re-assessed to be above the £25,000 threshold before the award is paid the bursary award will be withdrawn. The previous entitlement letter will no longer apply.
For more information, contact [email protected]
How to Apply
Bursary application is automatic as the University receives the information directly from Student Finance.
Benefits of The Sussex Bursary 2023
- £1,000 in your first year of study (either Year 1 or Foundation Year).
- £500 in subsequent years.
For more scholarships opportunties click here.