Global Masters Scholarship
Global Masters Scholarship is offering a generous Masters scholarship for international students, to ensure that concerns about finance do not present a barrier to students from a selection of countries considering study at the University.
This award is available to all international students from a selection of countries who are seeking to study a taught Masters degree at Birmingham in the 2023/24 academic year. Eligible scholars who successfully meet the criteria will have this amount deducted from their total tuition fees owed.
The University of Birmingham (informally Birmingham University) is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1900 as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham (founded in 1828 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery) and Mason Science College (established in 1875 by Sir Josiah Mason), making it the first English civic or ‘red brick’ university to receive its own royal charter. It is a founding member of both the Russell Group of British research universities and the international network of research universities.
Eligibility for the Global Masters Scholarship
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. You must:
- Have applied for, and receive an offer of admission for, a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK campus, to study in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the selected countries. Please see the list below.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start your studies at the University in September/ October 2023 on a full-time course delivered at the University’s UK campus.
- If you decide to defer your program start date to September 2024, you will no longer be eligible as the scholarship is only available for program starting in September 2023.
- Students seeking to study on a course solely delivered as a ‘distance learning’ program are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Students applying for programs in the Birmingham Business School are not eligible for this scholarship but are eligible for other separate MSc and MBA scholarships offered by the Business School.
- Undergraduate programs including the MBChB, MEng, MSci and MPharm undergraduate program are not eligible.
- Postgraduate programs including MPhil, MRes, MMus and MLit are not eligible. PGDip and PGCert programs are also not eligible.
- Students studying the University of Birmingham Dubai campus are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply for the Global Masters Scholarship
- This scholarship will be automatically offered to applicants who meet the criteria outlined above.
- To accept the scholarship, you will need to formally accept the offer you receive from the University’s Admissions Office, by the deadline stated on your offer. You can do this via the postgraduate portal.
- To fully secure the scholarship, you will also be required to pay the standard £2,000 (GBP) admissions deposit by the deadline set by the Admissions Office in your offer letter. (For the purposes of this scholarship selection process, your deposit must be paid by 31 August 23:59 UK time/ GMT+1).
- A value of £2,000 per scholarship,
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the eligibility criteria outlined above and according to the application and admission process stated above. The University will make its best endeavors to input the scholarship details onto each student’s CAS record for visa application purposes (this ‘note’ will be visible for the UKVI but not the student).
- The scholarship, applied as a discount to tuition fees, will be awarded/ applied upon enrolment of the successful candidate in September 2023.
For more scholarship opportunities click here