USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for African Students in Kenya
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa is a great opportunity that will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. The award is accessible to African students who are going to start 13 undergraduate degree programs at a university in Kenya.
The university was based in 1969 as the Nairobi Campus of the United States International University (USIU), a San Diego-based institution. In 1999, the United States International University, Nairobi Campus, proved itself as a separate institute under its new name, USIU Africa. In 2001, USIU combined with the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) to form Alliant International University.
- Eligible Countries: African students can apply for this scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in 13 undergraduate degree programs subjects in the following areas:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify.
- Candidates must be young women and men, refugees and displaced youth, and youth with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
- How to Apply: To get this opportunity, candidates are suggested to take admission to the university (USIU-Africa), and then they will consider this scholarship program.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, applicants must provide proof of their previous academic transcript at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet the university requirements for an undergraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support, which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.