WBI International Excellence Grant Programme in Belgium
The Wallonia-Brussels International (WBI) is a public administration with a mission to impact, influence, and reputation of the Wallonia-Brussels area and of its representatives such as creators, artists, entrepreneurs, students, higher education institutions, researchers, etc. With sectoral and cross-functional approaches, the WBI has broad spheres of action, including culture, education and training, and young people.
The Wallonia-Brussels International (WBI) is introducing the International Excellence Grant Programme for the academic year 2023-2024 to encourage and bring in foreign researchers to pursue their postdoctoral studies in Belgium.
The applicants must take up their studies in the fields of Transport and logistics, Mechanical Engineering, Life sciences, Agriculture and Bioscience Engineering, Aerospace, Environmental technologies, and more at one of the universities of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to be considered.
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree can be applied for in one of the universities of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must apply in fields such as Transport and logistics, Mechanical engineering, Life sciences, Agriculture and bioscience engineering, Aerospace, and Environmental technologies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be made on the respective university’s portal.The scholarship application form must be submitted via mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Declaration of additional funding
- Minimum 2 letters of reference
- Letter of invitation or agreement from the host university or from the professor(s) supervising the research
- Copy of diplomas (bachelor’s, 120 credits, master’s, and doctorate)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet their host university’s entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirements of tehri host institutions. They may be asked to submit results of TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, etc.
The winning candidates will be awarded a scholarship by Wallonia-Brussels International (WBI) covering the following benefits:
- A monthly amount of 2.120 Euros covering living expenses, accommodation, educational materials and travel expenses within the country
- Wallonia-Brussels International (WBI) will cover international travel costs (one round trip for the total duration of the program)
- Healthcare insurance for non-EU fellows
- Repatriation assistance insurance.