ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS)
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS) are offered to qualified applicants in ASEAN member countries except for Singapore and are designed to encourage outstanding students from ASEAN member countries to pursue their collegiate studies.
The scholarship will be awarded to those candidates who apply for undergraduate admission to NUS and are shortlisted for the scholarship through that process. The scholarship does not require the submission of a separate application.
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS)
|Eligible countries||ASEAN countries except for Singapore|
|Scholarship value||$5,800 per annum|
Eligibility Criteria for the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS)
Each applying candidate must comply with the below-stated eligibility criteria to stand a chance of obtaining the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS).
- Applicants must be citizens of any one of the ASEAN member states, excluding Singapore,
- Possess strong leadership qualities and the potential to become a good leader
- Keep a good record of co-curricular activities throughout your academic career
- Hold outstanding academic achievements in high school
- Applicants must be applying to NUS full-time undergraduate degree programs at the time of applying
ASEAN members eligible countries
This list includes the following ASEAN members: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
Scholarship Benefits ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships NUS
Read the full benefits that are associated with this scholarship to make a good decision
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy)
- A living allowance of S$5,800 per annum is provided
- On enrolment, you will receive a one-time computer allowance of S$1,750
- Accommodation allowance of S$3,000 per annum
Terms & Conditions of the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS)
Scholarships are being offered to students wishing to study at NUS for a full-time undergraduate course. Furthermore, the scholarship is also applicable to students who are enrolled in Double Degree and Joint Degree programmes, and it is only applicable to undergraduate courses for students enrolled in Concurrent Degree programmes. Students who choose to pursue a dual degree in the Bachelor of Science at NUS and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Melbourne are not eligible for the scholarship.
This scholarship is sustainable for the duration of the normal course of study, and it may be transferred to another course, with the exception of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Music, and Yale-NUS College. Considering the high level of competition in Dentistry, Law, and Medicine, it is important to note that there are only a limited number of scholarships available.
The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship does not have a bond attached to it, but in order to receive the scholarship, students must study under the MOE Tuition Grant, which is provided by the Ministry of Education. International students and Singapore Permanent Residents who qualify for the MOE Tuition Grants are expected to sign a three year contract for work with a Singapore-registered company immediately after graduation, in accordance with the terms of the Tuition Grant. A service bond will be required of scholars who are admitted to the Bachelor of Dentistry Program as well as the Bachelor of Medicine Program with the Ministry of Health for a period of five and six years, respectively.
In order to receive this scholarship, the recipients (scholars) can hold no other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award, allowance, or grant scholarship at the same time without the prior approval of the University.
Every semester, scholars will be monitored and their scholarship will be renewed as long as they maintain a cumulative average point (CAP) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) and maintain a good conduct record throughout the academic year.
The number of semesters that scholars can undertake overseas (including but not limited to NUS Overseas Colleges and the Tackling International Student Exchange Program) during their undergraduate studies is limited to one.
Upon graduation from NUS, scholars are not guaranteed employment and/or NUS is not responsible for finding employment for them.
The University reserves the right to impose an obligation on the scholar to repay all scholarship monies that were disbursed to the scholar in the situation that the scholar withdraws from the University and/or terminates the scholarship prematurely.
Application Process of the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS)
There will be consideration given to all eligible applicants for undergraduate admission to NUS. If you are shortlisted, the university will contact you separately to ask you to submit a scholarship application.
As part of the scholarship selection process, the applicants will be assessed on the basis of the strength of their applications and/or the performance they demonstrate in the scholarship selection interview(s), if they have been shortlisted for the scholarship.
shortlisting process of the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS)
- A short list of applicants will be sent via e-mail to those who have been shortlisted for the selection interview(s), and they will be required to submit a submission describing their co-curricular activities, as well as other achievements, as well as a personal statement, before the interview(s).
- Applicants who are shortlisted for the scholarship award will be notified of the results by mid-July after a series of selection interviews will be conducted between January and June.
- A scholarship award by NUS may not be awarded if the number of applicants for the scholarship does not meet the requirements.
- Selection committee decisions are final and cannot be contested. There will be no answer to any questions or to resolve any disputes relating to its decisions.
Deadline for the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS)
the deadline for the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships is expected to fall within the space of July 2023
Please submit your scholarship inquiries here.