The CB Davidson fund provides limited financial support for Postgraduate students within the School of Law.
This is a fund that provides limited financial support for postgraduate students (taught and research) within the Law School.
It provides financial support for graduates in law from outside the UK to study in Aberdeen – AND – for students and graduates of the University of Aberdeen who wish to travel outside of the UK for research purposes.
Eligibility for CB Davidson Fund
Applicants must satisfy one of the four criteria below in order to be eligible.
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE TWO ROLLING DEADLINES FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP EVERY YEAR, MARCH 31 AND SEPTEMBER 30.
- You must have applied to study or currently study Law at either research (PhD/LLM by Research) or taught level (LLM) at the University of Aberdeen – Form 1.
- You must be a current student of the University of Aberdeen studying Law at either research (PhD/LLM by Research) or taught level (LLM) and propose to study abroad – Form 2
- You must be a member of staff from non-UK higher education institution proposing to lecture at the University of Aberdeen – Form 3.
- You must be a member of staff of the University of Aberdeen wishing to study foreign law or legal practice and who has exhausted the possibility of funding from (a) external bodies and (b) Departmental funds. – Form 4
Please note that online programs are excluded from the remit of the Trust.
How to Apply
- There are 4 (four) forms available. Applicants must submit the form corresponding to their eligibility.
- Applications will not be considered unless submitted with a Curriculum Vitae (CV), two references and an academic transcript. Students already registered at Aberdeen must include at least one reference from academic staff at the University of Aberdeen. Please make sure that you submit the relevant application form together with all necessary documents before the deadline.
- For further information please see the information sheet below.
- Please ensure that you read the information document before applying.
- Completed application forms and documents should be returned to: PGT Support Team, School of Law, Taylor Building, D49B, Aberdeen, AB24 3UB or by email to [email protected]
- The closing dates are 31 March and the 30 September each year.
- Information Sheet
- There are 4 (four) forms available. Applicants must submit the form corresponding to their eligibility (see above).
- Please ensure the correct form is completed.
Benefits of CB Davidson Fund
- The value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to £2,500