Dr Juan Andrade scholarship for young Hispanic leaders 2022
USHLI has been awarding scholarships and internships of over $1.3 million to disenfranchised students from all over the country since 1982. One of the most notable is the Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarship for young Hispanic Leaders provides an opportunity for Hispanic students who share Dr. Andrade’s commitment to embodying servant leadership throughout their life to be recognized. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Central Time
The scholarship recipients will receive a non-renewable scholarship of the following amount:
Undergraduate students are eligible for a $1,000 academic scholarship or $500 for a two-year institution for a four-year institution.
The USHLI is offering a conference scholarship for the 40th National Conference of the USHLI.
Facts of Dr Juan Andrade scholarship for young Hispanic leaders
scholarship program – undergraduate
Award value – $1,000
eligible students – Hispanic students
scholarship provider – Dr Juan Andrade
Scholarship Qualifications for dr Juan Andrade scholarship for young Hispanic leaders
- To qualify for this scholarship, a student must be enrolled full-time or accepted to enroll as an undergraduate student at a four-year or two-year institution in the United States or one of its territories,
- must demonstrate a need for financial assistance that can be verified.
- One of the parents of the child must have Hispanic ancestry at least.
- All non-U.S. citizens may apply for the program (DACA or Undocumented).
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled full-time in the Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 academic year to be eligible to apply.
- It is open to high school seniors, college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors up to 25 years of age.
NB: There will be a notification sent out 30 days before the conference to all recipients.
Scholarship Requirements for Dr Juan Andrade scholarship for young Hispanic leaders
You have to write an essay
It is required that you submit both a background essay and a leadership essay.
We would like to hear about your background – Describe your family history (parents/guardians, siblings), your life experiences, and/or work experiences that have influenced your decision-making in 500 to 1,000 words.
Last but not least, tell us about your most significant achievement. Has there been any obstacle or challenge that you have overcome? Would you mind telling us how?
Essay on Leadership – Write a 500-1,000 word essay about Latinx (Hispanics) in America, the kind of leadership needed, and what you hope to contribute. How will this benefit your community? Is there anything USHLI can do to help you?
Optional Essay – Is there anything else that you would like to share with us related to your application being selected for this scholarship that you would like to share with us? you can check this article to get instructions on how to write a scholarship essay
Required Documents for Dr Juan Andrade scholarship for young Hispanic leaders
- Photograph – Applicants must provide a recent photograph (high-resolution, color, size: 2.5 x 3.5 ratios, PNG, JPG, or GIF format) for assessment purposes.
- It is recommended that the picture be a suitable one (headshot) to be used in any printed literature announcing the recipients of the award.
- There will be no acceptance of selfies.
- In addition to a one-page resume in PDF format, applicants must also submit any other relevant information they think is relevant, such as their work experience and academic accomplishments.
- A copy of an unofficial transcript – Applicants must submit an official transcript from their high school as soon as possible (college freshmen should submit a transcript from their high school). The transcripts must be uploaded to the application in the form of a PDF document.
In addition to the application, applicants must provide two (2) letters of recommendation, and they should address the following criteria:
The letters should highlight an applicant’s leadership abilities, past academic performance, as well as an ability or desire to effectively serve their community. It will be required that you provide the contact information for your references as part of the application process. Your references will be sent an email once your application has been submitted, with instructions on how to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf once your application has been submitted.
During the application process, we require
- one (1) reference to come from a professional or community service setting and
- one (1) reference to come from an academic source.
It’s essential to keep in mind that some examples may include, but aren’t limited to, educators, advisors, managers, employers, or coaches. The deadline for the letter of recommendation submissions is December 15, 2022.
bacs taiwan huayu enrichment scholarship
mana scholarship program
Final words as regards Dr Juan Andrade scholarship for young Hispanic leader
If you are a Hispanic student and you have an interest in the Dr Juan Andrade scholarship for young Hispanic leaders then you should go ahead and check on the eligibility criteria to know if you can qualify for this scholarship. if you are good to go then hover down here and use the link below to apply for the next summer application coming November.