Nursing Scholarship offered by the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is a great opportunity that seeks to help individuals who are interested in pursuing a degree in nursing.
TTUHSC School of Nursing is committed to helping meet the health care needs of local and global communities by offering scholarships allowing students the financial means necessary to achieve their futures. Many generous donors provided these funds to ensure that scholarships are available for nursing students.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing is dedicated to training knowledgeable, compassionate nurses and nurse practitioners to meet the critical nursing shortage in West Texas and across the nation.
Since the first class in 1981, the school has grown from offering traditional programs to masters and post master’s programs in diverse areas of nursing specialization and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
Eligibility for Nursing Scholarship
- Student must be enrolled or newly admitted in TTUHSC School of Nursing
- Applicant must meet the criteria set for chosen scholarship
- Student must have a completed FAFSA and an expected enrollment questionnaire with the Office of Financial Aid
- Scholarship monies must be applied to further student’s higher education
- One scholarship application is needed for each financial aid award year
- Applications will only be carried over each semester of the current financial aid award year
How to Apply for Nursing Scholarship
- Students from all campuses, excluding Permian Basin, should use the scholarship application link under the “General Scholarship Application” tab to apply for the general scholarships available during April, July, and November. Remember, you can apply only once during a financial aid year, the year starting over when the April application opens. The same application will be used each semester thereafter until the next financial aid year.
- Permian Basin students should access the scholarship application under the “Odessa General Scholarship Application”.
- Campus specific scholarship application links will be used for scholarships available only to that particular campus. Not all campuses have campus specific scholarships.
- The “Outside/External” tab is a good starting place for students who wish to explore scholarship opportunities offered by outside organizations.
They are happy to respond to any questions you have about the nursing school scholarship opportunities via email at [email protected], or contact Kiley Rickman at (806) 743-2909.