One World International Scholarships an initiative by the BC Scholarship Society are awarded to students participating in study, or work-abroad programs that are either experiential learning opportunities (language or cultural training), or that provide credits toward the BC academic credential they are working towards.
Eligibility for One World International Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship, you…
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the scholarship is applied for;
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application;
- are enrolled full-time in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States;
- can demonstrate links between the international experience you are pursuing and your educational or career goals;
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated within the past 5 years;
- have not previously received a One World International Scholarship or a Premier’s International Scholarship;
- plan to begin your international experience before May 1, 2024; and,
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work.
NOTE: These Scholarships are adjudicated and awarded by your institution.
How to Apply
- Review the Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship;
- Obtain “unofficial” transcripts of all your post-secondary studies (in British Columbia and elsewhere);
- Obtain two references using the forms included with the Application (link below). One reference must be completed by an academic reference (commenting on your academic abilities) and one by a non-academic reference (commenting on your volunteer or extra-curricular activities);
- Submit the completed Application including your transcripts and reference forms to the International Awards Office of your institution.
- APPLICATION FORM
Benefits of One World International Scholarships
The scholarship offers a $2000 – $5,000 amount, to help you with your studies