South Korean KAIST Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded)
For the Spring 2023 admissions, the very esteemed South Korean KAIST Scholarships 2023 are accepting applications from international students for the very prestigious scholarship program. KAIST is pleased to offer a fully funded master’s program, master’s degree, and doctorate program for international students interested in pursuing a Master’s, Master’s degree, or PhD degree at KAIST.
There are several scholarships available from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). KAIST has made a number of important changes to its application process and has also launched a number of new programs as part of these changes. The admission process for KAIST is one of the most competitive in the world. Therefore, if you wish to get a scholarship at KAIST University for 2023, you should make sure you have prepared all the required documents for the Scholarship. There will be fully funded scholarships available for students at KAIST.
Did you know that South Korea possesses one of the best education systems in the world, has a thriving video game industry, and has one of the most popular music genres in the world (BTS being the most popular). In the world ranking, KAIST is ranked 223rd and is the 2nd best university in Korea. In 1971, it was established as the first institution of higher learning in the country. In spring 2023, KAIST will start a two-year Master of Science (MS) and Master of Engineering (MA) degree program, from the newly launched program called the Global Technology Innovation Program (GTIP).
There are approximately 300 scholarships that KAIST offers every year for Masters and Ph.D. programs. With five colleges and seven schools at KAIST, students are able to choose from a wide range of academic disciplines.
You can submit an English Proficiency Certificate from your university if you do not have IELTS because it does not require you to have IELTS. KAIST University offers all of its courses in English, which will be taught in all the Departments on campus. Moreover, South Koreans play a significant role in providing scholarships to students all over the world. Please find below information about the South Korean KAIST Scholarships 2023 that you can get more details about.
Overview of the South Korean KAIST Scholarships 2023
|Scholarship Country||South Korea|
|University||Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology|
|Course Level||Masters, PhD|
|No. of Scholarships||Above 300|
|Scholarship Deadline||15th September 2022|
Embassy of Japan Scholarships 2023 | Call for Applications
Embassy of USA Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded Scholarships)
Financial Support for KAIST Scholarship 2023
There are three types of scholarships that KAIST University offers. A person applying to KAIST can choose and apply for any scholarship which is available during the admissions process.
KAIST International Student Scholarship (KAIST Scholarship)
- For both master’s and doctoral studies, tuition is waived for four semesters (MS) or eight semesters (Ph.D.).
- Expenses related to living are as follows: 350,000 KRW per month (for an MS degree) or 400,000 KRW per month for a PhD degree
- An insurance policy that covers medical expenses
- Research assistants may be eligible for an additional stipend as well
- Check here for the requirements:
Does KAIST give full scholarship?
Can I get into KAIST without SAT?
GKS Scholarship at KAIST (Global Korea Scholarship)
Korean Government Scholarships (GKS) is available to recipients from all over the world and cover the following:
- Tickets for round-trip flights
- KRW 200,000 resettlement allowance
- 900,000 KRW living allowance
- A medical insurance plan (KRW 20,000)
- The best language courses
- Full Tuition Fees
- Distinguished Korean Language Proficiency Award
- KRW 210,000 – 240,000 for research support
- (KRW 500,000 – 800,000) Printing costs (Dissertation)
- Grant of Completion
- Check here for requirements
How can I apply for GKS 2023?
- A student’s CGPA must be at least 80% or higher in order to be considered for this program.
- The applicant must have completed his or her previous degree in order to apply.
- The applicant must have completed a high school diploma in order to qualify for the undergraduate program.
- Master’s degree programs require applicants to hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent to be eligible to apply for master’s degree programs.
- Finally to apply hover over the website address here and fill up the scholarship form
Other Scholarships at KAIST
- (For Chinese citizens only) China-KAIST Scholarships
- Government Scholarships for Russian Citizens (For Russian Citizens Only)
- Scholarships for Taiwanese students at KAIST (For Taiwanese students)
- Korea Science without Borders Program (For the country of Brazil)
- Applicants living in any of the eight ASEAN member countries will be considered for the Chung Mong-Koo Foundation Global Scholarship
Study Fields at KAIST For MS, PhD
The following areas of study are available at KAIST University:
The Natural Sciences College
- Mathematical Sciences
University of Life Sciences and Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
- College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
College of Business
Management of businesses and technologies
The School for Transdisciplinary Studies
Also the new graduate program called the Global Technology Innovation Program (GTIP) (New Program) that you can read more about here.
English Test Proficiency Exemption
It is EXEMPT to submit the EPT report for applicants who are nationals of English-speaking countries (e.g. India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Kenya, etc.) or official English-speaking countries (e.g. United States, Ireland, North America, Australia, Canada) as they are not required to do so for applicants from such countries. If you have studied in a country that is officially English-speaking, it is necessary to have an English Lecture Certificate, which is also known as an English Proficiency Language Certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for the South Korean KAIST Scholarships 2023
KAIST Masters, PhD Scholarships are distributed to students who meet the following criteria:
- If a candidate holds Korean nationality, he or she must not be eligible to run for office.
- The application process is open to all international students.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible for admission to the master’s program.
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree/master’s degree in order to apply for the doctoral program.
Required Documents for KAIST 2023 Scholarship
- Passport/National ID Copy
- Application Form
- A letter of recommendation
- Research Proposal
- A letter of motivation
Deadline for the South Korean KAIST Scholarships 2023
Application forms for KAIST University Scholarship 2023 must be submitted online by 15th September 2022 in order to qualify for the scholarship.
Steps to Apply for KAIST Scholarship 2023 (Important)
In this article, we would like to give you a short overview of the international graduate admission process at KAIST.
- All of the application processes are conducted online.
- Go to the Graduate Admissions page on the KAIST website.
- This is the place where you will be able to find all the updates regarding the application process and the announcement of results.
Final words as regards the South Korean KAIST Scholarships
All international students are welcome to apply for the South Korean KAIST Scholarships 2023 for the master’s degree and Ph.D. program. Follow our full guide to get the best up-to-date information on how you can obtain this scholarship as an international student.