Treasure Transfer Scholarship is an automatic scholarship offered by Boise University to First-year applicants and they are those who hold fewer than 14 transferrable post-secondary credits earned after high school. The scholarship requires no additional application for consideration, but eligibility does require that all required admissions materials are received in the International Admissions Office by the posted deadline.
Eligibility for Treasure Transfer Scholarship
- Only incoming transfer students are considered for the Treasure Transfer or Western Undergraduate Exchange Transfer scholarships. Consideration is based on their admissions materials received by the scholarship deadline. A complete application includes the admissions application AND transcript(s). All criteria must be met by the deadline.
- Students must have an eligible major for the Treasure Transfer scholarship. If one of the following majors is declared you will not be eligible for the Treasure Transfer: Nursing, Pre-Nursing, Radiological Science, Pre-Radiological Science, Alternative Fee Programs, and fully online programs. These programs are subject to change.
- Scholarship recipients are required to enroll full-time (12 credits) each semester of the award (fall & spring terms) and are still responsible for resident fees and the uncovered portion of the nonresident fees. Online courses that charge a per-credit fee instead of standard tuition do not count towards the required 12 credits per semester.
- Recipients must be enrolled in at least 12 credits each semester (fall & spring) and successfully complete at least 24 credits combined (fall & spring). One-semester recipient (fall or spring only) must successfully complete at least 12 credits.
- While courses that are repeated within the same academic year may be eligible for federal financial aid, they do not count toward the 24 credits required for scholarship renewal.
- Priority consideration is given to students seeking their first bachelor’s degree.
- Please make yourself familiar with the Scholarship Policies for additional details.
How to Apply
- By submitting a complete application and meeting the criteria listed, you will automatically be considered for one of the following scholarships without an additional application: Foothills, Ridgeline, or Summit.
- A complete application includes the following required materials: admissions application and transcript(s). Boise State Admissions must receive all required materials by the deadline.
Benefits of Transfer Scholarship
The scholarship is worth $8,000 per year for 2 years (4 semesters).